Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" BDS, OR TOUGH COUNTRY???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MITCH_89', Dec 7, 2000.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

6\" BDS, OR TOUGH COUNTRY???

Does anyone run a 6" tough-country suspension? I think im about to dig deep and buy one, but im curious about the quality of the ez-ride...once i get it, my 3" tough-country suspension with blocks will be up for grabs...(2 years old)

BLAZE IT UP!!

2. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" BDS, OR TOUGH COUNTRY???

I'm trying to make the same decision ony for a 4" system. If you liked your current t.c. setup, why not go with them again? These two brands seem to be the favorites around here.

3. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

i love the my 3", but im using my factory springs with blocks. im just curious how the ride quality will suffer by using 6" springs?

BLAZE IT UP!!

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Well you could just get the ORD flip kit and level the rear out. there is a spring rate chart on the site that can tell you what the adverised rate for each company is.

"Lord have mercy on my next thirty years"

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Doesn't BDS have a lifetime "no questions asked" warranty? IMHO...If they're willing to do THAT, I think that says a lot. Tuff Country seems ok, but whats their warranty?

"I'm not stuck...I'm just resting!"

6. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Mitch 89

Couple of points here to hopefully help you in your decision. First off, I have received a couple of emails from BDS and Glen & Rene are excellent. Very quick to respond to my inquiries and very helpful. Glen told me that you'd be hard pressed to notice the difference in ride quality between their 4" & 6" lift. I was asking if I should go with the 2" ORD rear shackle flip & 4" springs or a 6" spring & that was the response I got.
    Also, I have also heard from others on the board about their Tuff Country springs and just from the conversations, there are a few things that made me lean toward the BDS springs. One thing was the squared edges of the springs chewing up the teflon pads in the spring packs.

I'm by no means saying Tuff Country aren't good, just that I'm going to take my chances with the BDS springs when I order in the next month or so.

Good Luck
    Brian
    89KBlazer

P.S. Talk to Shawn Spickler as well. He was & continues to be a BIG help to me in my decisions, decisions, decisions!![​IMG][​IMG]

7. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I'm going BDS also when I get my lift kit. One of the parts that sold me was Shawn's reveiw on off-road.com. You might want to check it out.

89 K5 Silverado
    http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com

8. shum1

shum1 1/2 ton status

Have any of you guys found a good price on the 6" BDS system? I found the 4" for 650 but I called back about the 6" and they told me 1050. That seems a little steep.

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I have a 3" TC lift and I don't see how the edges eat up the teflon pads. The ride is a lot better, and I really like them. I've only had them on for about a month and a half.

90K5

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I bought my BDS 5.5" front springs at Harmon's 4x4 here in Tulsa for $105 each. Then I had to buy the ORD greasable bushings, ORD steering brace, ORD HD shackles, ORD swaybar disconnects, Ford Shock mounts, RS9012s, extended brake lines, and a drop draglink(temporaly until I go with the cross over steering setup). Toyboxoffroad helped me out on the ORD stuff. Damon seems to be a good honest guy!