Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 Bolt patern, 1ton axles?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SuperUnknown, Nov 14, 2001.

1. SuperUnknown

SuperUnknown 1/2 ton status

I'm upgreading my driveline to one ton but I would like to keep my 6 bolt wheels. Who do I do it?

It's ok to love your truck.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Donovan has done a rear 14B FF 8 to 6 lug conversion. You can't run factory Chevy rims though. I don't know about the front, it would take some custom work. If you got the $ go for it, but it would be cheaper to go with the 8 lug pattern IMO. You can get 15" 8 lug rims that will fit the 14B, and if you grind the caliper on the 60 front you can run the 15" rims too.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know Dynatrac does 5 and 6 lug D60 front axles.

All they do is machine down the bearing hub body down to make it straight instead of tapered like the stock hubs are.

Then they drill new holes for the lug pattern.

If you have or know of someone with a machine shop or works at one, I don't see why not you can have them do it.

I'm not picking my nose...I'm just pointing at my brain!! [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was very interested in the same 6 lug 14 bolt custom axle you're talking about. I searched around on the internet and found 2 places that do this...
    I think Drivetrain.com will only weld on new billet ends to the tubes, where i think ORU presses in a whole new axle tube.
    These are 2 emails I got reguarding the 10.5" ring gear 6 lug custom 14 bolt rearend...

Give Brent a call toll free at 1-800-216-1632. He can review your options and price &amp; design techniques with you.
    www.drivetrain.com

We are putting together a nice little info packet on it and a picture on our website. give us a call 818-563-1208 ask for Steve and we can talk about all the details
    http://www.offroadunlimited.com

Hope this can help.

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I'm pretty sure both those places just weld new ends on the housing and make it semifloating. Just get 15" 8 lug wheels, its cheaper