Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 in suspension lift, I need a kwik measurement.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, May 15, 2002.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

After seeing Bablazer's rig w/ 44s w/ only a 6in lift and 3 in body lift got me thinking and measuring. I bought PI w/ the lift thats on it, and always thot it was a 6, and a friend of mine agreed. Now Im not too sure. I measured my rear blocks (tapered), they are about 5 1/2" in the back and 4 3/4 in the front. I dont see a 6 anywhere in there. Im starting to think I may have a 4 in kit in PI. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

On to what I need. I need 1 measurement. From the bottom of the frame, or bottom of the bumpstop bracket, (just tell me where you measured from) to the top of the Ubolt plate at the big square block on top where the sway bar mounts. Lets make this measurement on the drivers side. The sway bar mount is pretty close to under the rail there. OR take a look at my pics and tell me what you think is under there. I uploaded a pic of the blazer sitting still just for this reason.

I have not yet measured mine in the front, I will be doing it tommorow.

Thanx!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have a 4" Rancho kit. The rear block is not tapered and is exactly 4" (surprise surprise.../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) The measurement I have up front from the bumpstop down to the top of the U-bolt plate is a hair over 8"...I'm not sure how much that has sagged over time though. The lift was a few years old when I got the truck 5 1/2 years ago.

Rene

3. Pure Insanity

Thanx Rene. Id go check it out now but its 11:40 and Id prob get the cops called on me. Hey whos that under Steves Blazer?! Call the cops! LOL!!

Could you see me trying to explain why the hell Im outside w/ a flashlite measuring stuff on my truck?

I am really thinking its a 4 in kit now. I dont think I have 10 in that area. I could be wrong tho.

Another thing that got me thinking was the GM on 39 Boggers in Petersens readers rides section. It said it has an 8 and 3. It just looked bigger than mine.

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL...it's still light out here.

Judging by your pic's it looks quite a bit taller than my Jimmy. Do you have a body lift as well?

Rene

5. 73 Heavyd

73 Heavyd Registered Member

I have a skyjacker soft ride 6 inch kit with the tapered blocks that match your dimensions. The kit has been on my truck since 1996 and I originally put an add a leave in the back to level it out. Now the front springs have sagged a little and my measurement from the bottom of the frame to the flat square part of the plate right next to the swaybar mount is 9 1/2. My skyjacker blocks are not square along the sides. They are clearanced out on the sides and have clearance molded in for room for the ubolts. Front and back have a round cylinder shape cast in that is running up in between the two ubolts. I think you might have a slightly sagged 6 inch kit. Let me know if this helps.
    D

6. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

I would say you have a 6". If your blocks are over 5", it couldn't be a 4".

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

I have a catalog from '94. Superlift's 6" lift kit came with 5.5" rear blocks. Sounds like what you have there.

8. Pure Insanity

Thanx everyone. I was afraid that the 4 in. kit may have come w/ a 5 in rear block because of saggy butt syndrome.

I measured the front and came up w/ 9 3/4 on one side and 10 1/8 on the other. It was the way it was parked. I wasnt on level ground I was off in the grass.

So I definately do have a 6 in then. And yes Rene I have a b/l too.

The kit is not old at all, I know the 2 prev. owners and neither had it long. One put on the lift and the other put on the b/l. All total I have owned PI longer than the 2 of them did.

Thanx again everyone!

Now to make you cry.....I talked to the wrekcer driver that my dad uses for his shop and he has a K20 on 44s w/ 14 wide Barts, w/ no motor tranny or tcase that he will sell me for $400.00! Im gonna go look at it and hope its a K30. If it is Ill sell one of my kidneys if I have to. All I want it for is the axles wheels and springs. If I KNEW I could sell my 10 bolts and the 14 that I have put away and my lift I would buy it and sell my stuff and part out the body. I might just take a chance and buy it and sell what I can when I can. Im just not really in a position this month to do it. GRRRRR!

9. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

you have what is called a 6 inch block, when in reality they are only 5 1/2 inches. i don't think i have ever seen a block that actually measured 6 full inches. and you said 4 3/4 in the front i hope you mean the arch in the springs and not that you have 4 3/4 inch block up front. cause that is a disaster waiting to happen.

10. Pure Insanity

NONO! The block in the rear measures 4 3/4 on the front side of the tapered block, and 5 1/2 on the backside.

Front blocks arent a disaster waiting to happen....They are SUICIDE!