Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch lift for 74 blazer

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blaze4999, Feb 7, 2006.

1. blaze4999

blaze4999 Registered Member

I have a 74 K5 blazer with stock 31X10.5 inch tires. I'm planning on installing a 6" suspension lift and some bigger tires. I was hoping somone could run me through what lift I should get? What I need to buy? What are the biggest tires I can put on? etc. Also, if I put on a 6" do i need to lower the transfer case, need shims under the axles, need a new driveshaft, is the driveshaft going to catch on anything? Advice is welcome!

2. K5Greek

K5Greek 1/2 ton status

well what are you going to use the truck for? mud, rocks, trails?i think its safe to say a 4" will let you clear 35's 6"probably 37" and bigger if you hack some fender up. if you go with anything 35" or bigger you should get a crossover steering setup and probably swap out the 10 bolts. id probably go with either a tough country or BDS lift. im sure im missing a couple of things too

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  3. nmud2deep

nmud2deep Registered Member

90% of the time with a 6inch lift you have to repace the front drive shaft.. i am running 4in lift and 3inch body with 37x13.50s and i have plenty of room for some 38s if i want ....i am even looking into fitting some 39x13.50 irocs on it

4. blaze4999

blaze4999 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. How do you guys feel about a 6" with 35's. I don't want to do any cutting on my body, and I think this will be a good setup for trails and mud. Can somone post some pics of a 6" suspension lift on the front end. I want to get a feel for some of the modifications I need to make.