Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch Lift Half finished

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cityfarmer2, Jan 19, 2003.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Well guys the easy part is finished with only the rear to go. Ran into a couple of problems so far but doesn't look that I won't be able to over come them.Guys just Realized How warn out my OEM Springs were. Try 50" between eyes with no load. New springs are set at 48" with no load. I am hoping the rear hanger will swing up when the weight of the Blazer gets on it. Forward sway bar is being a real pain the drivers side hooked up without any problem but passenger is about a full inch to far foward. Anyone with a suggestion. Also should I take the parking brake cables off the 14 bolt or should I remove them from the truck. I kept everything from the donar truck which was a 1 ton. Any Ideas to line up the rear so I can best weld the spring perches on. I drew a plumb line on the floor for quick visual reference but now that it is apart looks almost impossible to line evrything up under the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Ben, if you are around you need check this out.....

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

first of all I would take the stabilizer and put it in the scrap pile. Second, I would take the ebrake cables and put them in the scrap pile. IMO. Thirdly, put your rear springs on the frame and get them all mounted in place. Now clamp, glue, ziptie (whatever works) the perch to the bottom of the spring pack. Lower the blazer till the spring perches just touch the axle. Now measure and measure. Now measure again. The spring perches should line it right up for you. Just get your pinion angle close. Remember not all the weight is on the springs yet so you have to make your pinion angle more negative than it should be. Make a few tacks on the perches. Carefully lower it. Check pinion. If ok and everything looks good weld it up. If not break the tacks and retry. That is how we do it up here. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Ben Malinski

Ben Malinski Guest

Gary, we're you doing it, Humphries? If so, I can be on down down Tuesday! As you know I installed a lift also. PITA! trying to get everything lined up. (I just re-read my post....sounds funny, where you doing it at!)

4. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Ben it is down in the shop and is it tall.

5. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Here is an update all is going very well right at the moment Lord must have been a wheeler cause rolled the rear axle up underneath and took a few measurements and a couple of wacks with a dead blow and wahla she's bolted up and lookin great. need to mount the shock mounts and do a little welding then it'll be back up front to hook up brake lines and that cantankerous sway bar I spoke of earlier but not given up on it just yet and since I am mainly on the roads to and from work best to install it something for the little cars to hit before smacking into the Dana 60. Wish I could figure out how to post these pics but I am just plain dumb when it comes to these computers. But man am I proud of my truck Hard to believe it started out an abused CUCV with a 6.2 liter and rusted floor boards. Should be completed by this weekend since I can't get any time off from work. The more I work on my truck the more I would like to do this full time and give up airplanes all together. Much more satisfying and not as stressful. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif