Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch Lift kit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hooty, Dec 6, 2001.

1. Hooty

Hooty Registered Member

I was wondering what the differences are between the lift kits for a K5 like my 78 and a truck kit
    My father inlaw has a 79 Chevy truck with a 6 inch lift he will sell me the whole thing (truck) cheap but I dont want it if I cant use the lift in my Blazer. The only reason I will buy the truck is for the lift. Thanks

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

As long as the lift kit comes from a chevy pickup that has 52 inch springs it will work.

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I took the 6" rear Skyjacker springs off my 86 1/2 ton and bolted them up to my 74 Blazer. FLAG (Fit like a glove!)

74 Blazer
    Zepplin
    Check out my Blazer
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976>http://community.webshots.com/user/zepplin1976</a>

5. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Hootie you are by me. I see you have a toyota too. The lift should work on your blazer. I have a 79 blazer, I may be able to help you get rid of some of the other parts on the truck :-)
    What part of Sacto are you in?