Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6-inch lift with 38.5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Apr 23, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

According to the Tire Fitment Guide, I can run 38.5's with a 6-inch lift and minor fender trimming. For those who have done this, how much trimming did you have to do? Any pics? Thanks

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color=green>I'd say you need to do more than minor trimming. I had to cut pretty much all the way back to the firewall on the rear portion of the front fenders. Started at the top of the arch where the wheel arch curves back down towards the rocker and angled down to about halfway between where the original wheel well started and the cab. I'd post a pic but there doesn't seem to be a field to do that on here...

3. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

It can be done. It will need a little more than minor trimming though. Take a look of some of the pics of the UAV. He runs 37's with 5" of lift. I will be running 37's with 5.5" of lift soon. I'll think you'll get away with some decent trimming./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

It depends on how you will use it. I run 39.5's with a six inch lift. Cut the fenders good enough back to the lower bolt and cut away the inner fender up to the three bolts and lost the bottom of the three bolts. It never hit running trails at home or in the mud. It hit real good crossing the Golden Crack.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

check the links in my sig. there are a few good pics of how much you have to trim.

6. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I am running a 4" lift with 38.5's and a lot of fender trimming. My trimming looks real purty too. Check the link to my gallery.

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Mine had 40s w/ a 6" before I bought it. I would assume it rubbed pretty bad, since there is now a body lift and 38s on it when I got it, besides the trimming that had been done.

Anytime you want to check out mine let me know. It will give you an idea of what to expect up close. Shoot me a P/M.

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i have 38's and only 2.5in lift with lots of trimming /forums/images/icons/smile.gif so yes it can be done /forums/images/icons/smile.gif