Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4xmac, May 4, 2000.

1. 4xmac

4xmac Registered Member

Hear"s a question for all you guys with a 6 inch suspensionlifts. I"am going to be installing a dana 60 in the front and a 14 bolt in the rear. i want to run 36 inch tires. Shoud i go with a 4 inch lift and a 2 inch body lift or just go with a 6 inch lift. I dont really want to lower my transfer case. Also running a dana 60 and a 14 bolt, that is going to shorten my drive lines even more and make them at a steeper angle yet. I will be running CV joints front and rear. I guess what my question is, I"am I going to have drive line vibration if I run a 6 inch lift . Any comments would be welcomed. Thanks

Don McKinney

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Read up on this at www.4xshaft.com. With a 6" lift & 1-ton axles, you're going to need driveshaft mods. If you get the pinion angles setup properly with the CV shafts, you should not have vibrations.

Good Luck
    Brian

3. 4xmac

4xmac Registered Member

Thanks Brian for your post. Talking with all the lift mfg. they say I should be OK with a 6 inch lift as long as I lower the transfer case. Then talking with several drive line places,they say even lowering the case,you will still most likely get some vibration. Also when you lower the case you kick up the front which steepens the front drive line.

Don McKinney

4. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

No problem Don. If you checked out the site and need shafts, give Tom Woods a call. Just ask Depdog; you can't go wrong. Tom is one of, if not the best in the business. Alot of the major magazines and even TV shows use him as well.

In my opinion, I think a good shop like Tom can help you build a driveline that allows the lift and NO lowering of the t-case and still not have vibrations.

Good Luck
    Brian

5. Crash90K5

Crash90K5 Registered Member

Are you going to run your swaybar disconnected? If so, get ready for some fender trimming. I'm running a similar setup:
    Dana 60, 14-Bolt FF, 36x12.5 Swampers, 6" Tuff Country springs. I rub pretty good without the swaybar (and now it's gone due to the crossover). Oh by the way, I lowered the t-case and shimmed the rear end and I'm running regular (13-50) driveshafts without too many vibes. The only time I can notice it is when there is absolutely no load on the driveshaft (i.e. not accelerating, and not declerating, just "right in the middle")

[​IMG] <font color=blue>Crash90K5</font color=blue> [​IMG]