Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Jun 27, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i want to put a rancho 6 inch lift on my 87 jimmy that is unlifted, but i have heard that it messes up the steering and stuff. is that true?

'87 BIG BAD AND MEAN

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

dont get rancho I have herd they suck get a skyjacker or a superlift I thank you haft to do a corss over or something

[​IMG]Go prepared

3. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I prefer Rancho, I've never had a bad product by them. But answering your question yes it is true. Lifting your truck will screw with pretty much your whole drivetrain (If you don't take the proper precautions and lift it the right way. example...Lower your transfer case, lengthen your driveshafts, drop pitman arm, etc.........) If you don't take these precautions, your steering will be loose, your drop your driveshaft a couple times a month, and the list goes on and on and on.

89 K5 Silverado

4. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

rancho is great if you can afford it. I've got a 6inch skyjacker suspension on my k5 and love it. You can get the whole kit (t-case drop,sterring arm,etc...) for a reasonable price. go to www.skyjacker.com and compare prices.

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

my buddy put a rancho 6in on his f**d pickup and it rides okay...kinda on the rough side but his steering is okay... just my 2 cents.

Bigger is Better
    Cameron Burnett
    82 Jimmy

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yeah Rancho rides to stiff........Go with Superlift!!