Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch suspension lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77BLAZ, Apr 10, 2003.

1. 77BLAZ

77BLAZ Registered Member

Hi I have a 77 K5 with a 4 inch rancho lift and 3 inch body and cut out bushwacker flares.I want to install a 6 inch suspension lift. I just wanted to know what brands you suggest and what all needs to be done for the install

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well, with 7 inches of lift and cut-out fender flares, you should be able to run some 38's. What size tires are you looking to run with this added lift? I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you've still got 1/2 ton axles. Before you go 38's or bigger, those axles should be upgraded to 3/4 or 1 ton units.
    As far as manufacturers....Tuff Country Ez-Rides and BDS are good, soft, flexy springs.

If you'd be so kind as to fill out your profile, that'd be great. Go to "my home" and then chose the personal information selection in the "edit" section. Your profile will tell us who you are, where you're located, and what you drive. Thanks.