Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 inch suspention lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dcell152, Sep 23, 2004.

1. dcell152

dcell152 Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I am trying to find out which 6 inch suspention system will give me the most flex and best ride. I spend 90% of the time off road in mud and forest. I all so herd if I put 52" springs in front it will make it flex better? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gifI would like to spend under 700 or so.

2. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i use tough country and am very pleased 6" btw /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Yup Tough Country or BDS springs are going to be the softest springs out there. I went with BDS because of the warranty.

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have always had great luck with Superlift. Great flex and good ride!

5. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

I've got a 6" BDS, I'm happy with it!

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have always had great luck with Superlift. Great flex and good ride!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are pretty damn stiff. changing the shackle angle and putting greasable bushings in them loosened them up a bit, but they're still quite stiff.

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Mine are pretty damn stiff. changing the shackle angle and putting greasable bushings in them loosened them up a bit, but they're still quite stiff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running the Superrides or the HD springs? I have had two sets of 6" superrides and they flex great! My first set of springs were 4" HD's and they rode great, but that was before the big flex craze... A friend had a set 6" HD's... They flexed decent and had a decent ride, but not as nice as the Superrides.

8. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

9. dcell152

OK you guys have talked me into 52" front springs, hard wasn't it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now I have been hearing about Alco? springs and deaver spring? I checked on the Alco and there about 200 a pack. I dont know any thing about the companies, or quality. I hear they flex like crazy /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Any body Know?
    I aso plan to go with extended front shock mounts? Not sure what I should run for a shock. I want to do it as right as I can the first time. Money is definitly an issue! I would like to keep it under 1400. Am I on the right track? or /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

10. dcell152

Some how I have talked my self in to doubling my spnding cap /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif