Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift and 33's ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Hardcore, May 9, 2003.

1. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

6\" lift and 33\'s ?

OK I've been researching some more for my project Blazer. Right now I have the stock 10 bolts but will be searching the junk yards for a Dana 60 and 14 bolt. Until then I wanted to do a little lift and some 33's (I've got 3.42 gears and don't want to pay for gears for a 10 bolt) Instead of getting a 4" lift I figure I may as well get a 6" now instead of wasting money on 4" front springs.

Does anyone have pics of 6" lift over 33's

Does the 6" require anything more as far as driveline mods? I know I'll need to drop the t-case and change the steering arm. Anything else I'd need to do?
    /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: 6\" lift and 33\'s ?

<font color="green"> You won't *need* to drop the t-case, but you may *search* have to. You will most likely *search* need to lengthen the driveshafts, you'll need *search* steering correction and longer *search* brake lines. *search* </font>

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

This is close to what you're asking for, this is a pic of my truck with a 6" Rough Country kit and 35" BFG's...

[​IMG]

I had to get new brake lines front and rear but my driveshafts did work as is. The exhaust crossover is in the way of the front shaft though so I'll have to get that redone soon.

Personally, I would rather have done 4" with the 35's but I did not want to do any trimming.

4. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWhat is this Search? J/K /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I did search and I see that it differs from vehicle to vehicle. Some guys throw on the lift and are good. Others have bad vibes and need new driveshafts. I'll definately do the steering arm and t-case drop and see how the rear shaft does. The rear shaft has a bolt-in spacer to extend it IIRC. I also plan on getting the 11" longer lines since I *searched* and it said the fittings on a 10 bolt caliper are the same as a Dana 60.

Anyone have pics of 6" lift on 33's, it'll probably look a little weird. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, you got it exactly right, you'll have to just do the lift and see how it goes. Everybody's truck is a little different. IMHO, you should avaoid doing the t-case drop if you can, people seem to break or crack the frames when the case is dropped sometimes. The ideal way to go would be to have a CV rear shaft made and adjust the rear pinion accordingly, you could definately get away with no t-case drop if you go that route. </font>

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have 8-9" and 35s. Take a look. It doesn't look bad at all IMO, although bigger tires and trimming are on the way this summer. Before I even drive it again, it will likely have 39.5 Swampers and cut fenders.

[​IMG]

7. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I had a 6" lift and 33s. Looked puny.
    -- Mike

8. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

5" and 32s

[​IMG]

9. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

35s with a 3 inch body lift (i know i know its only a body lift) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. morphed86k10

morphed86k10 1/2 ton status

I like the full fender look, so I don't really like my 4" and 33's. I like a 4-5" lift with some 35-38" tires and some decent trimming.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I like the "body floating on tires" look. My truck looks just like my friend with 15" and 44s, only smaller. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

6 inch lift with 33 inch BFG Mall Terrains and fender trimming. [​IMG]

13. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

33's and 6"...

[​IMG]

14. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the pics guys. Hopefully it will only be 33's for a little while and I can get the axle swap done so I can put on the 38's!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I have some 38's waiting to go on mine too. 33's with cut fenders and 6 inches of lift looks goofy.

16. GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY Registered Member

I have a 6" lift on mine. Had to cut and extend exhaust pipe that goes around front drive shaft, extended steel braided brake lines. The 33" will look rather small (that's what I have) go with 35" . and I dropped the Xfer case, came with the kit.

17. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I think 6in and 33's looks kinnda cool with out cutting the fenders but then agin the 35's with 6in looks RELLY good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I like the "body floating on tires" look. My truck looks just like my friend with 15" and 44s, only smaller. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

now this is what you call body floating on tires!!!!! that is 13" leafs, 3" body lift and re-enforced shackles that lifted the front 2-3 inches more!!!!!!! and a 2" block in rear

but the body lift is off... and front leafs are going...
    [​IMG]