Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift.....DONE!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy wrangler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

well i got my lift kit on friday and on sunday, i got it on!!! :Dits a rough country, with a block and add-a-leaf on the rear. it took me and my dad like about 4 hours, it was pretty simple, and the guys over @ the 4 wheel center hooked me up with free shocks!!!!(thanks guys) and well it looks funny with 31/10.5 s:doah:

all i need now is to lenghten the front drive shaft and to get new brake lines.

a couple question:rolleyes:
    would a front drive shaft from a 350/205 fit in with my 465/205??is it longer?

which brakelines would be the best??

and what is the biggest(tall and wide)tire that i could run with out trimming the fenders??
    thanks guys for your help
    <gus>

2. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

kool !! 35-15-50's is a pretty safe fit on a 6" lift PICS!!!!!!!!!!??????????

3. chevy wrangler

dont have a camera no more!!sorry, but when ever your down here send me a message or a call and we could go wheeling, just soon as i get the driveshaft and brakelines!!LOL

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

35's fit fine no trim... I fit 38's but couldnt do much flex...

Get your brakelines through poisonspider customs... I think thats their name, they are a vendor here.

5. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

If you want some cheap extended lines (just plain rubber) do a search on here. There is a couple of part #'s for napa that is what I did cost me about $45 for all 3. They are for a 92 chevy I think anyway I got the number for them off here so I know they are here.

6. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Will do!!!

7. chevy wrangler

here is a pic of the before
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and well thats it

8. chevy wrangler

and here is what it is gonna look like...( did this when i was bored)looks cool!![​IMG]

9. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

Make sure you check your clearance before you go out with 35's and only six inches of lift. I have that combo, and I cut a brand new Bogger the first time the tire stuffed while turned. Still kicking myself for not checking first. An expensive lesson for sure.

10. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Napa partnumber for long brakelines is 38872 for the front. I think I paid like $16 each.

11. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

That home made pic had me at first glance. hahaha. I was like Jeez, the upper half is so clean.... how'd he do that???

12. chevy wrangler

LOL!thanks guys, so do u all think a front driveshafty from a th350 is longer then one off of a sm465, its got a bad angle and wont turn!!:( made some brackets
    @school today for the E-brake, pretty heavy-duty stuff!!LOL

13. Clod_King

Clod_King 1/2 ton status

hey man are you in college or high school? I mean I know it is a welding class, or fab shop, but what level?

14. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

My preference for the best brake lines is to order them through the vendor on here that sells Crown Performance brake lines. Kevlar, stainless steel, colored to match your truck. How can you beat that? You can get the longer versions of the stock brake lines from Napa for quite a bit of a price break though. It all depends on your budget.

15. chevy wrangler

:Dyeah im in high skool and bearly got my permit, and well ima get my DL in like 2-3 weeks.its auto tech 2. i drive 2 skool once and a while when i feel a little on the wild side!!LOL

16. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

omg. you already put your lift on. crap i just stopped during the middle bc i was to lazy :rolleyes:. that was like 4 weeks ago! im doing it this weekend. how much did they make you pay for the lift. what kind of shocks did they give you? i just cut the end of my driveshaft thingy for more clearance for it. thats what the kit told me to do. but i havent put it back on. i had to take the damn d44 out myself and pull it from out under the truck to take the steering arm off. sounds stupid. it was a noob mistake. i forgot to get the conical washers off. so i beat the crap out of it with a 8lbs sledge to get it off. pretty fun. everything came off at once. :wink1: so i felt stupid but i got it done. i havent put the thing back in though.

17. chevy wrangler

it was $510 with shipping and tax included. it is rough country springs and add a leaf, block, with a skyjacker steering arm, and superlift shocks. mix and match!!LOL:D yeah i think ina cut my drive shaft a little too, now im thinking of getting a spacer and a u-joint for the angle.i just hit the old steering arm with a small hand hammer and it came off.:laugh: umm i got like this extension from a local parts store its six inches long and i still gotta bend it.:doah: it will work till i get a job and buy steel braided ones!!!
    <gus>

Last edited: Sep 18, 2006
  18. chevy wrangler

well this weekend i got the brake lines on , the e-brake braket on, and grined down the front shaft a bit. i beat the crap out of it once i checked everything!!! at first the front drive shaft didnt reach and today i checked it and i had a butt load of clearance!!!! so...... i decided to get it caked in mud, my back yard is still a pond, and well im really happy with the results.
    <gus>