Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift in fron/4" in rear?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Dec 25, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

6\" lift in fron/4\" in rear?

Okay...I'm a bit low on money at the current moment (oh, the joys of being a college student and supporting my wheeling habit [​IMG]) and I am getting new tires (35" Xterrains) and I current have a 4" lift...I have wanted to jack it up to 6"..Would it hurt to drive it around with the 6" lift springs in the front and a 4" shakle flip in the rear for a little while or should i just wait 'til I got all the parts on hand trhen do the install? While I am on the install what things will I have to concider when going to the 6" lift? I know I need new brake lines, probably drop the t-case, lengthen the driveshafts...what else...and how much does it cost to have a driveshaft lengthend? thanks for the input gang

Chris

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" lift in fron/4\" in rear?

It'd look frikkin silly, I don't know about driveline angle though ... You will need tochange them when you get the full 6" lift though

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT
    <font color=red>MERRY CHRISTMAS</font color=red>

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Re: 6

It would fit right in around Lakeland Fla. Most of the trucks around there have a 2" "Bulldog" stance to them. Looks a bit goofy to me. I like my rigs to sit level.

If you have it set up w/ the 4" now it wont affect the driveline angles, in the rear. The front will still need to have the steering mods and such tho.

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]
    PIC of mine from flblazers site<a target="_blank" href=http://www.flblazer.alloffroad.com/photo3.html>
    GO</a>

4. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

why not put blocks in the rear for now to keep it level. Drive shafts cost about $100 to legthen(sp) thats what It cost me for my driveshaft

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Bingo. Blocks for the rear cost about $30.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Dont forget longer u-bolts for the blocks :)

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>