Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" Lift Kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

6\" Lift Kit

If I'm taking off my 4" suspension and putting on a 6"suspension will I have to lenghten the rear driveshaft. Some say yes and some say no. Just to recap I have a 350,th350,203, 14bolt rearend. Transfer Case is lowered and I gained about an 1" and a half. I've also been told to take the front brake lines out of the front frame mount and place it beneath the frame and tie it up out of the way. I realize that the rear drive shaft will eventually have to be lenghten and every application is different but I just need to be able to drive it about 15 miles back to my house from the shop where it would be installed. Thanks Again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: 6\" Lift Kit

Yeh I got the same response when I asked about rear shaft, far as I came up with it was this, yes or no it all depends on your rig. So to me I always planned on needing to.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 6 incher and didn't lengthen my shaft. It makes me nervous and I think I'm going to have both front and rear shafts made. I have been running the stock shafts for almost 2 years though and haven't had a prob.

4. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the responses. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

If you point the pinion up so you have proper driveline angles it should be alright but at the same time a little sketchy.

Somewhere in the past I made a post about brakehoses. I like the factory mounting since they go through the frame instead of under and have real brackets holding them.

Front brake lines:
    These ones are for the left front of a 1994 2wd 1 ton and are around 25" long. $13.99 at Advance Auto. Napa wants $16.69.
    Tru-Torque (Advance Auto): H38873
    Napa: H38873
    Bendix: 78227
    Raybestos: BH38873
    Wagner: F124600

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you point the pinion up so you have proper driveline angles it should be alright but at the same time a little sketchy.

Somewhere in the past I made a post about brakehoses. I like the factory mounting since they go through the frame instead of under and have real brackets holding them.

Front brake lines:
    These ones are for the left front of a 1994 2wd 1 ton and are around 25" long. $13.99 at Advance Auto. Napa wants $16.69.
    Tru-Torque (Advance Auto): H38873
    Napa: H38873
    Bendix: 78227
    Raybestos: BH38873
    Wagner: F124600

[/ QUOTE ]

[hijack]

Do you know if those hoses will work on a 10 bolt and D44 caliper?

[/hijack]

7. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

I know it works on the 10mm banjo (10 bolt) but I don't see why it wouldn't work on a 7/16" banjo (Dana 44) even if you had to modify it a bit. We're talking like 1mm difference and I'm pretty sure my banjo bolt slopped around a lot more than that. I know my 77C20's caliper's banjo bolt went through but I don't remember if it was 7/16" or 10mm.

I don't know, I'd call up the auto parts store and see if they've got the brakehose and then stick a 7/16" banjo in it.