Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift kits for 97 chevy

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by DB4TD, Jul 3, 2002.

1. DB4TD

DB4TD Newbie

6\" lift kits for 97 chevy

I need some help picking out a 6" lift for my 97 z71, i have been looking into a bunch of different lifts, everyone always gives me a different story. If anyone has a lift or knows about them drop me a line and let me know what you think about them? All info helps!

2. j20m715

j20m715 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" lift kits for 97 chevy

put a solid front end under it. You will be money ahead.
    Just my .02 cents

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: 6\" lift kits for 97 chevy

We've sold a couple of the Tuff Country IFS lifts that seemed to work out pretty well. They're converting everything over to a replacement spindle and a 1 piece subframe so you end up with way fewer parts overall and cut the install time down a bunch. They should be pretty durable. We've seen one problem with an upper a-arm relocation bracket but the truck was beat pretty hard to tear it up. I don't have any experience with the other lifts but I know everybody is going to the same type design, raised spindles/knuckles with a solid subframe.
    Overall if you're going to use the truck hard a solid axle will serve you well. If it's moderate, occasional use, an IFS lift will leave you with nicer (debatable) driving characteristics and a little less work up front.