Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" Lift Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walt88, Oct 29, 2001.

1. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

6\" Lift Question

Ok folks, I need some opinions and stuff. As of right now I have 4" front springs and 4" rear shackle flip with K10 springs.

I was thinking going for 6" front springs with the ORD HD front shackle and a 2" lift spring in rear with a 1" add-a-leaf.

Anyone do this with stock shafts and diffs? Are the vibrations intolerable?

350FI/700r4/NP208c/10b's ORD 4" Shackle Flip/ORD Disconnects

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" Lift Question

on my 77 both the shafts had to be lenghtened...i hate speeling....

-Zakk
    '77 K5 SB 400 TH350 NP203 p/t 6" Lift D60 14BFF 4.10's 36"Wrangler II's

[​IMG] CK5's MOAB 2002 OR BUST!! [​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am running 6" Superlift Superride front springs and 3" blocks with add-a-leafs and extra leafs in the rear. I am running a 1" driveshaft spacer in the front with a stock shaft and I am running a stock shaft in the rear. No vibes, but I have to replace the front u-joint in the rear shaft about once a year or so...

Mike

<font color=green>"1024x768x256... Sounds like one mean woman."</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

as far as i've heard, the front shaft should be ok, but the rear shaft is probably gonna need a little work. Thats the setup im saving for right now, 6" up front and a flip in the back, im reusing my existing springs out back since they already have the 2" lift. Im gonna see how level it is w/out the add a leaf, and then add that later as neccesary. You already have your tcase lowered, so that will help, but i still think the rear shaft will need help. Are you planning on some bigger tires soon? You still have some life left in those 35's, but bigger is usually better...........

--matt
    <font color=blue>86, 350 crate, 33's.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Lop Sop Doi Off-Roader</font color=red>

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Walt you'll want to drop the case and shim. I run a 4 degree shim in the rear. I dont know how much wheeling you are doing but it shoud be fine till try to FLEX like big boy. I was ghetto testing my flex at a construction site and my rear shaft fell out.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

6. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I have that setup - 6" springs in front, 4" shackle flip in rear w/ 2.5" Superrides in rear. Still running stock front shaft, is fine. Rear shaft will need lengthening. Also, the shackle flip seems to make getting the angles right more of a problem...I still have a vibration. Some say it is the slip yoke design of my 208 case, but either way, I still have a slight vibe...also have the t-case lowered 1"

But plan on getting a new rear shaft, shimming and/or cutting the perches on rear end and lowering the t-case to make it all work...