Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" Lift Recommendations

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by BurbLover, Nov 29, 2004.

1. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

6\" Lift Recommendations

I've got a nice 89 Conversion Burb that I'm gonna lift for a maal-cruiser on steriods. I traded for a D60/14FF from a CUCV. Both have 4.56's & a Detroit in the back. I've got a set of 35's at a buddies house that' he's just wiating for the $$ on /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Anyway, once I pay the tires off, I'm going to lift the girl. Thinking 6" as it has the nice fiberglass ground effects. I want an extremely stiff rear spring so that I can tow with it. I know most lifts are soft so I thought of adding an overload to the rear pack. This will also offest the fact that the D60 sets about 1 inch above the 14BFF.

So, I'll be needing front springs, rear springs (56"), shocks, and the 4" lift block for the D60. What recommendations do you guys have?

Also, when I order the rear springs, If I order the springs for an 87 K20, will the rear springs be the same since I'll be needing the 14BFF u-bolts?

TIA. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: 6\" Lift Recommendations

Mark, Kevin and I snagged a set of 56 inch springs from a 3/4-ton pickup at A1 and they bolted right on my '90 Sub. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If ya want a really stiff ride, then Rancho or Procomp will probably do the trick. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

find a comertal truck spring shop have them make you springs they could do anything you wanted.

have like 12 ton springs or something stupid in the rear.

or rape the springs and hangers from a 1 ton and flip it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

or rape the springs and hangers from a 1 ton and flip it /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I'll be towing with the vehicle, I can flip the rear hangers. I am really just looking for opinions on brands of 6" lifts. Thanks.

5. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

Once I finally went with skyjacker there is no going back for me. I have tried several others and I will be their poster boy if asked. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am happy with my Tuff Country 6" setup. Regular 48" springs in the front; 56" spring in the rear. It rides as well as can be expected from a lifted suburban, and handles loads well. All in all, a very stable and balanced ride.

7. LilWes278

LilWes278 Registered Member

I've got the Superlift 6" on my 1 ton (blocks in rear). It rides soft enough around town, but since I kept the big ass stock springs in the rear, it still tows like a champ. And even though I've got a big block, the front springs haven't sagged at all. The only thing I am going to change is adding a set of zero rates in the front for more tire clearance (you shouldn't need to do this for your mall crawler), and a flip kit in the rear. You might want to really think about using a set of 1 ton springs in the rear for towing, as it would probably help eliminate the infamous "Suburban Saggy Butt Syndrome" too.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

lift info

i wouldnt get the dana 60 block. i would get the drop arm for the box. about the same price and much easyer to install on truck. had block on mine didnt like fealing of it much better with arm. good luck with project and when done post them pics dude.:grin: