Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift steering parts question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by offroad87, Apr 26, 2004.

1. offroad87

offroad87 Registered Member

6\" lift steering parts question

on my k5 i have a 6 inch lift and the steering arm. today someone who just converted to hydro assist gave me a brand new dropped draglink. i was lookin at my stock dragling and it is angled down alot. i was just wondering if this would work on my truck and make it steer any better? thanks

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: 6\" lift steering parts question

Yep and it should....if your still running a stock draglink in the stock location, it wants to be as parallel to the ground as possible when your parked on a level surface /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Try holding it up next to your stock on in the position that it would be installed and see if it will lay flat.

3. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I remember when i put mine on my truck and i still had 6" lift. it made a major difference in how the wheels moved form side to side. the dropped drag link makes it move easier. The only draw back is that you have to take it off to adjust it, but it is worth it.

4. offroad87

so i can use both the steering arm and draglink. thanks guys, ill get on that this weekend /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

Yes! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. offroad87

ok, i know im going overboard with this thread, i went to put the draglink on today and had to adjust it to make it as lomg as the stock one. well it doesnt seem like their is really enough threads inside of the tube piece to be safe only like 3/8 inch on each end. if i shorten it a little (to get more thread contact with the inside of the tube) what kind of negative or positive effects will this have on my steering?

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If your draglink is too short you probably won't be able to steer all the way to the left.