Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" lift, what needs to be done

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 80roach, Apr 22, 2005.

1. 80roach

80roach Newbie

i want to order this 6" suspension lift with the springs front and block back, comes witht he u bolts, front and rear shocks...and i want to know if im going to have to buy anything else to be able to drive down the road, like steering and what not. any help please, thanks

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

if you plan on using it offroad i would definately advise againt the blocks the PO of my blazer put it on blocks and they suck and i mean suck bigtime.

depending on your use i would suggest a 6in spring for the front and a 4in ORD shackle flip in the rear with some 3 in. springs

post up what your use for the rig will be and everyone will be better able to advise the best options :cool1:

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You're going to need to mess with everything that touches the axles with the 6" lift. You'll need steering correction, brakelines, shocks, probably driveshaft mods, some kind of swaybar correction and I think that's about it. Maybe longer breather lines too I guess.
    The flip/leaf rear combo is a good one but if budget is a problem for you the add-a-leaf and block will work OK and be cheaper, as always, depending on what you do with it. You can always upgrade it later.