Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6"lift!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevy wrangler, Aug 18, 2006.

1. chevy wrangler

chevy wrangler 1/2 ton status

can any one help me??? i am going to get a 6"lift and i need help finding the most stiffist springs, ima be in mud most of the time and drive 2 school. i have a lwb truck and some 35 would look nice, which brings me 2 my next question, what is the best overall mud tire?? any info will help and many thanx
    <Gus>:D

2. mudbog42

mudbog42 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" skyjacker lift all springs no blocks running on 35" pro comp M/T. The ride is pretty stiff but I still love it and as for tires these have done me pretty good for the most part. I'll probably get BFG's M/T next time though

3. chevy wrangler

im on a budget and skyjacker cost like $1000 or so, i would like to get springs all around, but looks like it aint gonna happen
    <gus>

4. savagek5diesel

savagek5diesel 1/2 ton status

If you want stiff springs, springs all around, and on a budget, my suggestion would be Rough Country. They are just want they advertise, rough. I know you can get their whole package deal for alot cheaper than any other company i know of

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Rough country is the cheap stiff spring source.

6. chevy wrangler

do you all think i could get a 6" rough country lift with $600??? does any one have there website??
    here is a pic of my baby!LOL
    [​IMG]

7. savagek5diesel

$600 for a 6" is pretty close for what they advertise if i remember right, May want to save a lil' more pennies and try and talk the salesman into free shipping and your set, pick up any a 4wheel magizine and they have a their own marketing page in there somewhere.

8. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

If you want a stiff ride why on earth do you want an all leaf lift?

You can get a Tuff Country 6" front lift kit for like $245 i think it is, then you just need some 6" blocks for the rear and extended brake lines...Which'll be less than 200 for blocks and brake lines...So there you go.

9. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Big, cheap, stiff as all get out lift and the best mud tires. Period.

-Avery

10. savagek5diesel

$245 for front springs and a rear block is prolly just the price for just that. He's gonna need a steering arm, and shocks too. Not trying to bash, and i could be wrong, the guy wants a cheap 6" all springs. That's respectable for a guy in school that wants a good lookin' ride to have fun in, that isn't rollin' around in cash. My opinion though, you can wipe with it, i won't mind.:D

11. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Why do want a stiff ride?? With a 6" lift your not gonna get that much axle wrap. I knew a guy from TX that had bought an 80 3/4 ton dirt cheap, took the rear springs from another truck, took the main leave out and put in the front of the 80 using the 80s main leave. Think he added a couple springs and a block out back. Cleared 35s and rode better than my truck with the "proper" 6" lift did.

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Look for a set of Cepek springs. Ebay is a good place to start. They are the stiff. They are also cheap, so it fits your needs.

13. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Wow that picture is ****ing retarded. Are you trying to kill him?
    :haha:

14. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

15. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I was looking on Summit last night at 6" front springs for my 86 M1028 (K30). It seemed that Superlift and Explorer Pro Comp were the cheapest. I do not know is one is alot better than the other.

16. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Rough Country is a good way to go. As for tires in the mud I have never had a problem with BFG's or even Wrangler tires, But I do love them Ground HAWGS in the MUD they are awesome! Pretty expensive though

Here are some pic's one 4" inch Rough Country one 6" RC The other two are BDS No Blocks on any of them

Last edited: Oct 4, 2007
  17. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

:rolleyes: No, lol. But they are big, cheap, stiff and get the job done. ;)

-Avery

18. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

i got my 6" lift from rough country. they are pretty cheap but they are a good kit. my kit was like $900 but i had all the doo dads. 56" rear springs dual front nitro shocks, steering arm, sway bar drop kit, front and rear brake lines, and all the ubolts and all that crap. go to rough country.com and check it out. um but a really cheap kit with rear springs is from ntwonline.com or national tire and wheel. they usually are the odd colored pages in most 4x4 mags like four wheeler or petersons 4wheel. they are superlift springs i think. and its like $589 with rear springs. i was going to get them but they didnt come with all the crap that my lift came with. better to buy the lift with everything on it then to have to search for hours (dial-up) for the best price and where to buy the parts and what all i need. but check out the sites. they might have what you need for cheap. also like superlift rough country has a scratch and dent store on their site. but its mostly shocks and full kits with wheels and tires. if you find one you can get a 6" kit on their with wheels and tires for like 1800. kinda expensive but i comes with the wheels and tires. and the tires are mostly mickey thompson mtz's which are mud tires.

19. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

I have a 3" Superlift all spring lift on my K5 and it was about $450 something...Rides like stock and I rolled 35's. Just putting that out there.

20. 88-3/4t-bad boy

88-3/4t-bad boy 1/2 ton status

you could also just by a 4" lift and a 2" or 3" body lift. the kit with rear blocks on the rough country site is $309. and a 2'' body lift is like $88. so you will be only spending bout 400 for everything. just another way. with that you could get away with the stock brake lines even. maybe save you some money for some wide 36's or even 37's. just me but they look better than 35's. :wink1: