Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 lug 14 bolt ff ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bluejeep, Apr 12, 2004.

1. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

6 lug 14 bolt ff ?\'s

I've tried searching but the search forum does not like me.

I've seen pics from somebody on this board of some adapters to convert a 14ff to 6 lug. I am wondering if any machine work is necessary for this mod and if the wheel centers of aftermarket wheels would have to be opened up to clear the hub?

Just replaced my tow rig with a '99 Suburban 1/2 ton and I don't want to mess around with the 10 bolt rear axle. Considering SAS in the future, but right now I'd like to get it up and running with the stronger rear and retain the Autotrac transfer case....and I'm NOT running different wheels front and back.

Please don't suggest 14b sf, that's what I had in my old truck. I loved that axle, but this is a new (to me) truck and I'm wanting a new (different) rear axle. Thanks.

2. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

Re: 6 lug 14 bolt ff ?\'s

I am looking to do the same thing, the 8 to 6 adapters will work, but the hub of the axle needs to be machined down to fit in the wheel. That's the easiest way I have heard. I'll let you know how mine turns out if I find an axle. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

Anybody know who that was that sells these wheel adapters/spacers? How much $$$? Pictures? Thanks.

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

A guy by the name of Tony P. on here does some of that stuff far as I know.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Toney P makes them they were a little under $200 and ive been running them for about a year with no problems, the machine work was about $100

6. bluejeep

bluejeep 1/2 ton status

Did you have to machine the center of the wheels? What was the OD you had to turn the hubs down to? Just measured my AR767 wheels last night and the hole appears to be around 4.25"

7. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

The standard for wheels is 4.250 inches. I turned my hubs and axle drive flanges down to 4.240 and made 1.800 inch thick spacers that are pressed on the hubs so that the wheels would be hub-centric on the axle flanges.