Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 Lug 14 bolt Rearends

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Donovan, Aug 27, 2000.

1. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

If anyone is wanting to do this conversion I will do the first one for the cost of the parts and not the cost of the machining. After that it will give me a good idea what it will cost to convert them to 6 lug. What I would need is the axles and the hubs. So if interested let me know. I live in Denver so if you guys have any problems Steve or Shawn could check up on me. I know there was a problem on the list with some parts not getting returned. Let me know I will work out the details with you.

Donovan

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>What brakes does this setup use? Are they the drums from a 6 lug SF? Can disks be put on?</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I talk to Steve Fox about this and he told me and I agreed that I would use 1.25 spacer. This will correct the wheel width. I then will use the stock 14 bolt brakes. So you will be able to buy brake parts anywhere. You should be able to buy TSM disk brake kit and still work just fine. This is for the Full Floating 10.5" 14 bolt. If you have any question let me know.

Donovan

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Let me go to my local JYard and see if he has a 14 bolt I can get for cheap. If so, maybe we can work something out. Got any idea on the price?

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

5. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Like I said the first one will be at the cost of the parts. I am thinking around $100-150. The one after that will include cost of the machining. So they will be more say around $300-$400 or so. Let me know.

Donovan

Donovan

6. bennevis

bennevis Registered Member

Would it be possible to convert a Dana60 from 8 to 6? Looking at buying a 14 and 60, but would prefer to use the 6 lug pattern. I live in the Springs and am from Littleton, so it would be easy to get up to your shop. Also as a side note, is $1000 for a 60 and 14FF with 4.56 a decent price??
    Thanks for any info.
    Eric

7. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

That is a great price if it is a $1000 for both. I have looked into doing the Dana 60 front from a 8 to 6 and I think that it is possible. I would have to look at the hubs and see what kind of material would or could come off. Here is my website www.ramgrinding.com if you have any question on it let me know.

Donovan