Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 lug FF14B hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjbear, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I had the site bookmarked but w/ all my computer problems its gone. I searced here and the other place and can't find them. I'm looking for the purple ones. Someone has got to have the site. TIA guys. PS, I need them kind of quick, so if you know of others or a good adapter post it up too.

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

3. bigjbear

THANK YOU!!!

4. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

damn those are 500 for a pair /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif you could buy all new 8 lug wheels, and convert yer front to 8lug for WAY LESS!! damn someone needs to make those...but cheaper outta like reg steel instead of alum. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I think the kit includes rear disk brakes (brackets and rotors and the hubs) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Nope. just the hubs for $500..

They will machine existing hubs to 6 lugs starting at $250...

7. jjlaughner

oops, I was reading the brake kits to be addons for the hubs...

259 each $500 a pair [​IMG]
    brake kits starting at $450 [​IMG] and ebrake kits starting at $650 [​IMG] because they picture the 6lug FF setups /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Competition 6061T6 Aluminum Full Floating Hubs
    Currently for Dana60, Dana70, and Chevy 14 bolt applications $259 ea or $500 for a pair
    Disc Brake Kit #1
    Large GM with NO E-Brake Starting at $450
    Disc Brake Kit #2
    4-Piston with NO E-Brake Starting at $650
    Disc Brake Kit #3
    GM with E-Brake Starting at $650

[/ QUOTE ]

8. jjlaughner

so just ouf of curiousity what would keep me from taking the grinder to my hubs to narrow the outside, then have them drilled for 6lug?

I've not looked at them real close but I'm curious /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]
    oops, I was reading the brake kits to be addons for the hubs...

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant see them including all that for that cheap.. My guess is the brake kits are seperate....

10. Emmettology 101

[ QUOTE ]
    so just ouf of curiousity what would keep me from taking the grinder to my hubs to narrow the outside, then have them drilled for 6lug?

I've not looked at them real close but I'm curious /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think that would be a bad idea.... Seeing that the hubs are spinning, grinding them you'd probably get them off balanced... Then you'd have some bad vibes.... Something like that more than likely would need machined. All you need is someone with a lathe... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. bigjbear

[ QUOTE ]
    damn those are 500 for a pair /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif you could buy all new 8 lug wheels, and convert yer front to 8lug for WAY LESS!! damn someone needs to make those...but cheaper outta like reg steel instead of alum. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, but you are way off on the cost of the conversion. It was going to go into an IFS truck. If you you know of a way to convert an IFS 4WD chevy to 8 lug in an afternoon for less than $500 I'd love to hear it.

Yes, guys the price is $500 for just the hubs. If the FF14B I found would of had the right ratio I would have bought them, and let everyone know if I thought they were worth the money. Anyway, it didn't work out so I'm just going to use a SF14B instead.