Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 Lug to 5 Lug Rearend - Is it possible? Or Easy? Need help1

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Jul 22, 2002.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

I am giving away my 10 bolt rear with 6 lugs to a friend. He has a van with a 5 lug rearend. To prevent using 2 spares, he wants to swap in his 5 lug axles.

Is this possible, what problems might I encounter, anybody done anything similar, any comments! Thanks

Chris

2. RockyRider13

RockyRider13 1/2 ton status

Yea, there are these conversion rings at http://www.performancewheel.com/adapters.html
    These will also help because the 10 lug is in narrower (overall) than the van axle, so i've heard. I've also heard that the spring perches are in different places, so some fab work is going to be needed.

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Or just go to a junk yard and get shafts from a 2wd pickup. They will fit right in.

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Tell your friend to also buy a pre 91' Blazer/Suburban(if he dont got the jack, look around to find one for $250 like the one I bought, then again he can goto a used parts dealer) and take off the following parts: 10-bolt 4x4 front axle, 700R4/241C or 208 tranfercase, the two driveshafts, front leaf springs, and do a little welding /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (be sure to put SPF 100 on exposed skin) and hes good to go in the BAHA Shaggin Wagon!