Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" or 8" front springs

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Longhorn4x4, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Longhorn4x4

Longhorn4x4 Registered Member

6\" or 8\" front springs

I've got a 70 Longhorn I'm converting to a K30, and when I started, I bought a set of Rough Country front springs, I "THINK" they were 4", and I also put a Rough Country add-a-leaf in the pack, that was supposed to be a 2" add-a-leaf. I really need an honest 6" or 8" set of front springs, since I've got 4" blocks in the back, and I'm going to get the ORD shackle flip kit, for a total of 8". So who makes a good 6" or 8" front spring kit for a K20 or K30. This thing has an all iron Rat in the front, with air and power steering, and 400 Turbo with an NP 205, so it ain't light.
    Thanks,
    Alan

2. cornfed

cornfed 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" or 8\" front springs

Hey longhorn Im pretty sure skyjacker is now making softride springs for the 72's. If so I would go with them. Ive got 8' superlifts on my 72 sub and theyre pretty stiff. Is your truck gonna be a wheeler or driver?

3. Longhorn4x4

Longhorn4x4 Registered Member

Thanks. I'm not terribly concerned with ride, I'm more concerned with capacity and control. With an all iron 454, all power options, including air conditioning and hydraboost power steering and brakes, not to mention the 400 Turbo NP 205 combination, and possibly a winch, this thing is heavy. I do not want it to bottom out or jam a wheel up in the fender. I've driven lifted 4x4 trucks off and on since about 1979, the ride is acceptable. It will be a dual purpose truck, both on and off road, with some daily driver use.

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I've got 6" Skyjackers in my Blazer with 8" springs in the rear and the ride is better than my 4" Rancho kit that I ditched