Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 out of 8 bolts finished

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Disciples Performance, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Disciples Performance

Disciples Performance 1/2 ton status

so guys i worked my bag off today cutting the bolts on the hangers that hold the rear leafs on my K5 but im down to the front hanger part now the 1 side i have cut both heads off the bolts but the nuts on the other side of the hanger are still there but u cant get a socket or wrench in there and my die grinder just cant cut it anymore anyone have any other good ideas to break it off ive used a torch on some of em but its gettin sketchy i blew a couple holes through a couple hangers small but i gotta fill them with weld and grind them and i really dont wanna torch them lol :eek1:

2. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

not QUITE sure what you're sayin is left there...but maybe a bit punch and a mini sledge...maybe a trusting friend to trade off smackin?

3. Disciples Performance

basically all the bolt heads are off on the rear hangers and the nuts on the other side of the hanger are off on 2 hangers and the other 2 still need them off but the frame covers 3/4 of the hanger so its a pain to get in there

4. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

i drilled the insides of the rivets out a little over half way in, so the gripping force of the rivet was a lot weaker on the brackets. Then i air chizzled the head off (now has a hole), it chizzled off a lot easier and faster. pound it out with a punch and a mini sledge. a little more time consuming, but they come out the easyest in the end, about 4 or five hits for me. evey project is different though.

5. Disciples Performance

lol... sorry dude miss communitcation its the rear leaf spring bolts im reffering to thanx though man some more helpfull info!

6. stevos67k20

stevos67k20 1/2 ton status

ohh sorry. well, as i was saying...lol...i used a sawzaw and cut just inside of both sides of the bracket. you might need to get new spring bushings but its the quickest way i did it. i hope i responded to the right thing this time or i'm going to shoot myself........

7. Disciples Performance

haha ya u did dude ya i try'd the sawzall idea went through 4 blades cause of the rubber and just the location is rough to get a good cut