Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" Superlift springs......sag in rear?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Feb 7, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

6\" Superlift springs......sag in rear?

Ok, well, somethings have come up and doesn't look like I'm going to be able to buy the lift and 14FF. I'm not going to give up on the axle just yet. My gf just found out that she's almost 3 months pregnant and that just sent my dreams crashing to the ground. Not just for my truck, but for my future as well. As of now, I think that I might just go with a 6" Superlift with new springs and the question is, does the rear sag with the new springs? If so, then I want to buy an add-a-leaf to level it off. Also, I was thinking that I might slip the ORD 1" add-a-leafs in to get me a good looking 7" lift for my 35" Boggers. I was just curious about the sag. Thanks again and I'm not going to give up just yet. The kid isn't here yet!! Just have to get the truck done before the kid does show up though.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" Superlift springs......sag in rear?

I have a 6" superlift all spring lift and my rear sagged considerably. Like 2" I have made some modifications to the lift and now have it level. At the very least plan on the 1" add a leaf in the rear. or even better 6" front springs a 2 1/2" in shackle flip with 4" springs in the rear and you should be close to level.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Mine sags a bit but I already have plans for fixing it. The ORD shackle reversal in the rear will brink it up about four inches so I will offset the different with longer front shackles. One thing is just an excuse for another. The add-a-leaf might get it close but i dont think it will totally even it out.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Did everyone use superlift springs in the back? Or were some running blocks?

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI