Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" = t-case drop & lengthened drivelines??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rix_Gotta_Blazer, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

6\" = t-case drop & lengthened drivelines??

i am planning on lifting the '81 six inches. do you have to a.)lengthen the drivelines b.)drop the t-case or c.) both?? thanx in advance...Rick

2. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" = t-case drop & lengthened drivelines??

You will at least have to drop the t-case 1", and I'm pretty sure some driveline mods are necessary. I went 4" and had to drop the transfer case.

John

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Does your truck use the 208 case? I lifted my '87 K5 6'' and had to lower my T-case 1'' (using factory spacers) and I also had to get a front driveshaft spacer (superlift, 4WPW PN#04310, $52.95.) I used a ORD shackle flip on the back, so I didn't have to shim the pinion up at all, if you use blocks or new springs you might have to. The driveshaft length was fine, but the u-joint angles are a little much and will cause excessive wear and vibrations, so I would recommend a c/v rear shaft.

4. Rix_Gotta_Blazer

Rix_Gotta_Blazer 1/2 ton status

yes, i do have the np208 t case. i am planning on using all springs on the front and rear of the lift.

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I only lengthened both my drive lines and I am runnin a 6" lift on my 76 Jimmy.
    Bill C /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Check out the pic I drive this daily on the freeway at 65-75 mph. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

If I installed a set of TC 6" lift springs in the front of my 1979 K5 blazer. What all would need to be done to the driveline to get is running. I am planning on getting front and rear drivelines made by High Angle, but the rear is going to be done first. I've got all the steering items to go 6" but I just needed to know what I would need to do the driveline. Thanks in advance.

I added swapped in a 14Bolt so the rear with shackel flip seems to be long enough and I have shimmed the pinion to make do with the non-CV shaft at the moment.