Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6 to 8 lug adapter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, May 13, 2003.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I know that they make a 8 lug to 6 lug adapter. But does anyone make a 6 lug to 8 lug adapter?

I ran into a little dilemma the other night. I am planning on building an offroad only K5 with 1/2ton axles. (I don't want to hear it, it is going to be light). My current K5 is already swapped over to 3/4 ton. I want to run 1 set of tires for offroad and share them between the 2 trucks. I already have a set of 35's for offroad, and I am planning 38" TSL's. I don't want to have to buy 38" TSL's twice. So how do I get the 1/2 and 3/4 ton axles to matchup lug wise?

I don't want to convert my current truck back to 6 lug. I like the extra beef on the wheel studs, and I already payed to convert it once. I also like the looks I get when people realize that my truck has 8 lugs instead of 6.

2. Hossbaby50

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Send a PM to TonyP on this board. He is the one that made my 1.25" spacers and he is also the one who makes the 8 to 6 adaptors. I don't see why he wouldn't be able to make a 6 to 8. He does good work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-- Mike

4. Hossbaby50

Will do. Thanks

Harley

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

hey, that would be do-able going from 8 lug to 6 lug, if you can space your tires out 1" inch per side then a spacer ring will do the job...

6. Hossbaby50

Spacing the tire shouldn't be that big of an issue. This truck it is planned for will have quite a bit of fender trimming and the rims I will use have 4 1/8" back spacings so it shouldn't matter.

I emailed you back by the way.