Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

6" vs. 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 18, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

6\" vs. 4\" lift

What would I have to do different for a 6" as opposed to a 4" lift?? What all would I have to do to the drive train and whatever else is needed to be adjusted for a 6" lift?? I know that with a 4" lift there isn't anything but steering that needs to be changed. I have a 4" lift on my Jimmy right now and want to upgrade to a 6". Let me know what I'm going to have to do. Thanks

Alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: 6\" vs. 4\" lift

You need a brakeline-lenghten kit.New antisway-bar. And you need the longer steering-arm. The drivetrain will work as is, I know guys ride with it and they have no complaints. Everything wear's faster though, and should you really flex and bend I guess there could be a problem.
    Planing on a 6" myself. Its just a money-thing..[​IMG]

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Thanks that's what I wanted to know.

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My dad just put a 6" Skyjacker softride system on his k10 and he used drop brackets to lower the swaybar. Disconects would do the same thing, and allow you to free the swaybar when off road, and then re-connect it for the highway</font color=blue>

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

in just installed a 4" lift on my blazer today....4.5 superlift blocks in the rear and 4 inch pro comp springs in the front....it me about 8 hrs to do and i had to change the rear brake line...i dident like the way it looked...dident have much slack left...i also changed the steering arm....that was a pain in the ass...that took me the longest to do (about 2 hrs heatin it up then wackin the crap out of then the back to the heat) but the rest went smooth..
    Chaz

"The stuck lemon"

6. Max

Max 1/2 ton status

If anyone is looking to get rid of a 4" lift....drop me a line: alan.baydush@duke.edu