Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

60-66 wheeling truck pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcurrier44, Feb 8, 2005.

1. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I have been collecting trucks for a 61 chevy project for a while now and just before x-mass got a free 63 stepside long box with a 4" lift and some 33's on it. The thing looks good...infact it looks to good to chop up so I have decided to build it into my next summer wheeler/camping rig.

However looking around I haven't been able to find much in the way of wheeling rigs of the 60-66 vintage. Hardly any that even were lifted. Everyone seems to go lowered with the early iron.

Here is one I was able to find....not much of a wheeler, to nice to risk hurting.

[​IMG]

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

The other day I was driving through Santa Monica and looked over and saw a truck just like that, but white. Early-Mid 60's shortbed 4x4. I thought to myself, damn thats a nice truck. 4x4, just like the red one you posted. I was thinking too, I havent seen any of those now that I think about it, not 4x4's. It was CLEAN and for sale. I looked at the for sale sign as he drove past me. he only wanted $23,000:eek1: :yikes:

3. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

IIRC jesse form HAD is running one of those trucks, but im pretty shure his is all hacked up, you might want to check his site.

4. rcurrier44

Ya know I was just over at pirate looking for his and found the link he posted a while ago for he rear tube work. It doesn't show much but its actualy clost to what I want to do. He's running a little bigger tire and has more $ into his drivetrain than I am willing to go put into it. His is kind of a cross between what I am wanting and the wheeling truck I already have (cab truck on 44's).

I would like to see a better pic of his front bumper... and I am wondering if he is using a newer frame or just put newer brackets on his old frame????

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

pm him or make a post asking him. Can't be afraid of Pirate, they can smell fear :D

6. rcurrier44

Oh don't worry, I'm not afraid of the big bad pirate ;) . I just know how buesy Jess is and don't want to bother him with questions that arn't so improtant. I posted over in the Chevy section at Pirate too so maybe he will see one of these posts and offer up some info.