Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$600 - 1983 Blue K5 near Milwaukee Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by SS66, Nov 20, 2003.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I have for sale a 1983 K5 Silverado. I got the truck in 2001 with a bad transmission. It only goes in reverse. It has been sitting in my fathers driveway since then. I started it up last winter with no problems at all, just needed a new battery. It has not been started since that day last Winter. I wanted this for a project truck but I cannot have it at my apartment sitting around, and my father is moving so he cannot keep it there. Im selling this truck as a "PARTS" truck simply because it has been sitting so long. The body is fairly good for a Wisconsin truck. The floor also seems sound up front where I felt around last year. I tore up part of the front carpet to inspect.. all seemed solid. I dont know what kind of motor is in there currently, but I ran the VIN and it comes up as a 305. According to the title in 2000 it had 72310 miles on it. I imagine it has less than 10,000 miles more than that since it broke down about a year after it was purchased by the owner I got it from. Since the truck is not at my house Im not sure what the ODO reads now. There is a Edelbrock carb on the motor.. not sure of the model. I think this thing is mostly stock, but due to my limited knowledge Im not sure. I cannot ship this truck, any potential buyer will have to tow it ( Or drive home in reverse haha ) Again Im selling this as a PARTS truck. I have the title though the previous owner ( my relative ) did not sign it. Im not even sure it runs anymore.. probably does, but not sure. I havent checked on it since summer. Please PM me or EMAIL me if you are blue at: Lumpy-Stumpy@msn.com If I dont answer your email within one day send ANOTHER message. MSN seems to be unreliable at times.

The truck is located in Mequon Wisconsin ( Right on the Northern border of Milwaukee )
    Im asking $600. I would be willing to trade for a fairly decent gun if its what Im looking for /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Thanks

P.s. On THURSDAY I will try to get pictures of it and the true Odometer mileage. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    P.s.s. I really know nothing about the truck other than what I stated above. But I will try my best to answer any questions. And sorry, I will NOT part this out. I have to get rid of the whole thing! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Want a 10/22 with a scope and bipods? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Depends... I was looking more for a large caliber rifle. Do you have any pictures of it?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I could take some tomorrow. It's all synthetic and just has a cheap set of bi-pods on it. I've got two different scopes for it. It's a sweet rifle, I've only put about 100 rds through it and I really like it, but I could see trading it off for a K5 that ran. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it a TH 350 trans or 700R4? If it's a TH 350 already it'd eliminate having to switch it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would need the title though. It's illegal to drive without that, but besides that, I don't have any titles for K5s or anything.

5. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Remember.. Im not sure if it still runs ( Especially with the old gas in there). It did last time I checked though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Man... I THINK its a 700r4 because if I remember correctly it had OD. I'll check thursday when I go snap pictures.

The title is no problem. Its sitting 2 feet from me right now. I just didnt know if was invalid somehow because the owner before me didnt sign it. It has two signatures on it from the owner before the PO.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You will have to get the title straightened out. Illinois will not accept a hack job of a title.

Keep in mind for the future that it is a crime to drive a vehicle if you haven't signed the title.

8. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You will have to get the title straightened out. Illinois will not accept a hack job of a title.

Keep in mind for the future that it is a crime to drive a vehicle if you haven't signed the title.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another reason for me selling this as a 'parts' truck lol
    I guess I might have to take a trip to DMV hell if someone is serious about getting this. Pictures are still coming later this week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I have "seen" people sign a title but not date it to avoid hassles if you don't register it right away. "They" just dated it when it was necesary.

10. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

This particular title is missing two signatures ( including mine) lol Though Im not sure mine even needs to be there since I never got to drive the thing. I'll have to go to the DMV anyway to get a new title. There will be no space left for 'buyers' on this title if the old owner signs it.

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

the old owner needs to at least sign it over. I'll come get it and sign in the buyer's spot. C'mon man i've got the 10/22, its itching to go to a new home. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif