Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63 inch question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chopfab, Apr 12, 2005.

1. chopfab

chopfab Registered Member

This question is for people w/63'' rear conversion.How many leaves do you have? How many did you remove? Where did you move shackle flip or front spring hanger ,distance eye to eye or whatever? What length is your shock travel?Did you add any leaves? Did you change anything I did not mention?thanks for your replies.

2. originalspanksta

originalspanksta 1/2 ton status

i have 63's with 3 leaves + overload. Removed none, added none, they came that way. some come with 4+1, not sure what the difference is. 2wd vs 4wd maybe?

to keep the axle in roughly the same spot, the front hanger has to go 5.5" foward, and the flip bracket has to go 5.5" back. You can adjust this as neccesary if you want the axle moved back further. It seems like most tend to move the axle about 3" rearward. ( much more and your diff will hit the tank) When i had this in my blazer, i had the rear tank removed, so i changed the flip brackets side to side (so the offset went the other way) moved the hangers back approx. 7" and used an extended shackle for more droop.

I could max out my 13" shocks. Buddy of mine has this combo in his k10 and just about maxes his 13" shocks with a stock shackle.

hope this helps.

3. chopfab

chopfab Registered Member

My rig is a truck 1/2 ton frame,I bobbed 17 '' off of the rear.So I will probably just consider moving the front spring hanger 11'' forward.I am installing a 14 bolt ff in the process and 52'' springs and d 60 w/35spl chromolys in front.I will be running 42'' tsl's.Thank you for your advice.