Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63" LONG REAR SPRINGS

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tonto, Aug 4, 2002.

1. tonto

tonto Registered Member

63\" LONG REAR SPRINGS

JUST A FEW IDEAS ABOUT USING 63" LONG REAR LEAFS. THESE ARE THE SAME LENGHT AS THE ONES USED BY WATSON ON HIS "ORD" BLAZER.I FOUND OUT THAT THESE ARE THE SAME LENGTH AS THE ONES 0N THE NEWER MODEL PICKUPS. I HAVE A SET OF 5 1/2" LIFT SPRINGS BY SKYJACKER. WAS THINKING ABOUT USING THEM FOR MORE FLEX. I KNOW THAT THE LENGHT OF THE REARS WOULD REQUIRE SOME SORT OF FRAME EXTENSION FOR THE REAR MOUNT(SAME AS ON THE "ORD" BLAZER.) JUST WANTED TO GET SOME IDEAS,THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS FROM YOU GUYS. I HAVE SEEN THE IDEA WITH THE FURD SPRINGS, WOULD RATHER DO THIS FEEL THERE WOULD BE ALOT MORE FLEX PLUS BETTER RIDE.

2. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

Re: 63\" LONG REAR SPRINGS

sounds like a great idea man... let us know how it works!!!

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif TIME TO EITHER MOVE SOME SHACKLE HANGERS, OR AND, SOME OFFSETS, THATS ALL, NOTHING MONEY CANT BUY /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Time to unlock the caps...my eyes are bleedin/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Personally I think the Ford springs will get the desired result with less headaches, but my opinion is definitely biased cuz that's what I run.

Rene

5. Re: 63\" LONG REAR SPRINGS

I had already looked at doing this and had measured everything out about a month ago. My friend has a set of 6" 63" long Skyjacker Soft Ride springs for any of you that want to give it a try. He's trying to sell them, they are brand new. Make me an offer for them and I'll let him know. I still might try it but those springs have to much lift because I ordered a shackle flip already. Later -80K20