Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63" rear / 52" front questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wforicv, Nov 19, 2005.

1. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

I can get a pair of 63" spring for free so I want put them in the rear and move the 52s up front. A couple of questions and I have read the Tech section 52" swap.

Do I have to run a crossover setup if I put 52s up front? If so, how is the crossover setup without going hydro?

Will axel wrap be horrible with the 63s in the rear? This is not a daily driver but I do drive to and from the trails.

Thanks

Eric

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

u will need x-over with the 52s. x-over w/o assist is so much better than push pull, assist jus makes it even better

3. 82dieselburb

82dieselburb 1/2 ton status

I would run a anti wrap bar with 63's.They are flexy spring and with out one you would have terrible axle wrap.

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I've got the 52/63 set-up in my truck. Crossover is a must up front. As is the track bar with the 63's in the back. I never drove my junk on the street as it isn't street legal, but just watching in the axlewrap in the driveway while a friend drove the truck was scary. Just letting the clustch out with no gas pedal wrapped the springs up pretty bad. I couldn't imagine what it would be like on the street under hard acceleration or wheeling with low gears. Somthing would blow up on my truck without the traction bar.

Anti-wrap bar...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. wforicv

wforicv 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I may have to find a set of 56s until my fab skills get up to par with KidJethro's....that is a nice setup. :bow:

Eric

6. seattlek5

seattlek5 1/2 ton status

I run 63's on the rear of mine with a stout 400 SBC, TH400 and doubler and have never had a problem with axle wrap. I've even put 52's and 63's on Emoo99's rig and used a zero rate to move the axle back to almost the stock location so he was able to use the stock steering. There are many ways to do 52/63's, put the 63's on and if you get axle wrap, then find a way to fix it :D

7. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

my axle wrap isnt too bad, if i get on it hard or try to power brake it and do burn outs its pretty bad, then it hopps.

here is my write up on the 63"

8. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Have you ever gotten out and looked while someone else drives? You ARE getting axle wrap...gauranteed. Put an anti-wrap bar on there and the difference will will shock you.