Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63" rear swap Q?s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by the beast, Nov 21, 2006.

1. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

I've already searched and can't find the answer I'm looking for, so my question is how much lift will you get by using a stock 63" spring in the rear? I know doing a 52" swap in the front is about 4" of lift. How about the rear though?

2. Jeromy Gibson

Jeromy Gibson 1/2 ton status

just by switching to 63s you get no lift, all the lift comes from the shackle flip to make them work and or if you move the front hanger down the frame any.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yep 64's themselves dont give lift, its using a shackle flip or using lifted springs that gives the lift.

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Yeah, depends on the flip and the shackles proper... ORD-style flip plus longer shackles would net you 4"+ even on stock springs, as we know.

I have an ORD flip in the back with a custom slightly longer than stock shackle (6", I think... anyway, maybe 2-3" longer) and stock 56"s and I'm level with the (stock) 52"s up front.

-- A

5. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

ok cool exactly the info I was looking for. Trying to figure out my new suspension and lift set-up and I want to make sure I'm fairly equal front & rear. Thanks. :thumb: