Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63'' spring lengths

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddyblzr, Aug 26, 2006.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

hey guys ive been looking around but i cant seem to find it. what our the offsets on a set of 63'' from each spring eye to the center pin. im trying to find something that will provide a better departure and maybe some more wheelbase and get some good strong flexy springs at the same time.

2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

mine are 32"/32" center

3. WRENCH-HEAD

WRENCH-HEAD 1/2 ton status

The 63" springs are centered. I did my swap and used them to lessen wheelbase (longbed) but the overhang out back is horrible. So I am contemplating other things. I guess I should address "horrible". Where I grew up in Texas (sand and mud) they were great, soft and flexy, but here in Co (rocks) they tend to get landed on when dropping off of ledges and them main leaf isn't to happy about it.

4. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

alright thats what i was looking for. i guess 56'' would be the best bet then. i know they flex good i just want some that will provide the least overhang

5. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Id run 56's run backwards, 4" more wheelbase and less overhang when ran backwards.

6. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

thats what i was thinking. run them backwards. i have a set of 57'' fords that justin gave me that would give me more wheelbase and less overhang but there weaker.
    my friend bent them in his stock f-150 with a tired I-6 doing donuts and fishtails