Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

63's and 57's

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shaun, Apr 25, 2005.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

So I finished putting the 63's in the rear today. Alot easier then I was told it would be. Now I am wondering if anyone has put 57's up front and How it worked out. Did you redrill the center pin to center it or kept it offset. I am planning on this this weekend and would like some forsight. Also does anyone know how to measure wheel travel. We did some practice flexing today and I was impressed and that is just the 63's in the rear still a 4" TC front spring up front.

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I would stick with 56's at most up front. Mounting them is hard enough, even an extra inch would add another degree of dificulty. If you were to do it you either have to redo or modify the body mount behind the spring or extend the frame in the front a couple of inches.

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

We have one side mocked up already and it doesnt seem bad. Just moved the front mounts from one side to the other.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have 57's up front on mine. pretty easy swap. I made a longer shackle and moved the stock front hanger from side to side then lowered them for a better pinion angle.

5. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

55willy do you have any issues so far. Have you wheeled with them? How are they? Did you redrill the center pin or leave it offset?

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

haven't wheeled em yet. i left em offset, between the new front mount and stock center pin it's moved the front 5" forward. I did have to add a 8* shim even with a lowered front mount. bring the pin back to stock would help that so the axle isn't on the front have of the eclipse. I like it forward so I have a near 90* aproach.

7. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Do you have any pics by chance. I am curious what this looks like. Anyone done this and wheeled them?

8. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

they are in my webshot folder.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/19712264/74863909lpgrKl

right after this I made a new bumper that tied the front spring mount into it.

top of frame to spring eye center is 9.25" with a 7" shackle in the rear side it will just touch the body mount at full stuff.

9. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I used 3" wide 57's upfront also. They work great. Search on here or over on the chevy section of pirate under my name and you'll find lots of pics/dimensions.