Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

64" rear spring swap, any body done it?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alex_B, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Alex_B

Alex_B Registered Member

If I were to go from a 56" spring to a 63" would I neen to move my spring hanger.
    I've already got the 4" lift ORD spring hanger and there 6" long shackels.:D

2. chevyguybc

chevyguybc 1/2 ton status

search my friend, im in the middle of doing it,. new brackets front and rear:) 113 wheelbase. my front is moved 2"

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

yep, i did mine over the summer. if you wana keep the axle in stock location u need to move both hangers

4. lar300mag

lar300mag 1/2 ton status

Just got mine done last week. I moved the front hanger forward 5" and the rear I used ORD 2 1/2" shackle flip with there 6" HD shackle and bolted it to the factory location for the 56" springs. I also went with the 5" lift Tuff Country 64" rear spring. As far as I can tell, it moved the axle forward about 1", at full compression, it should be real close to the factory bumpstop

5. chevyguybc

chevyguybc 1/2 ton status

i am doing the opposite, moving the rear mount only.. making my own shackel and reverse shackel... hopefully with my front moved forward ill be at around 112 113 ish, muhahhaa