Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

64" rear springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kmodi, Jan 6, 2006.

1. kmodi

kmodi Registered Member

I know this has probably been discussed here before but i could find much in my searching, but.........I am looking to do 64" springs in the rear of my CUCV, does anybody have any threads or advice when embarking on this? I am running 46" michelins and am planning on cutting out my rear fender wells to accomodate the gain in travel. Thanks in adavance.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. clstolten

clstolten 1/2 ton status

I just installed 64's on my 74 K5. My rear wheels are still pretty much centered. I moved the front mounts forward to just under the body mount crossmember. Didn't have to drill new holes in the bottom of the frame since the holes lined up nicely, just had to drill the holes in the side of the frame. I think newer K5's have the body mounts on the outside of the frame so this will not work. The rear I used diy4x shackle flips with 6" shackles. Used the rear most bottom hole for the front hole on the bracket, and re drilled the rest. This gave me an excellent shackle angle, and my wheels are still centered. I will still be able to use the stock gas tank this way as well. Will try and post up pics later.

4. HillJackCustoms

HillJackCustoms Registered Member

i have i think 63's or 64's i'd sell you.... I have them sitting in my shop, just collecting dust...

5. redneckdude

redneckdude 1/2 ton status

I just finished installin some in my blazer this past week. Knocked out all but 1 rivit on each side, rotated the hangers forward, use the ORD flip and moved the it back to where the front holes went into the original rear holes on the frame (had to cut off a portion under the flip, no biggie tho) and used 6" shackles. This gave me a perfect shackle angle and with a 1" zero rate with 1.5 offset it moved the axle back about 3" which is what i was looking for going into this. I had 7" of lift when i started and ended up with about 4" in the end. Used a 4" shackle flip, 6" shackle (like mentioned before), 2 leaf 63s with overload and added the 2 and 3 leaf from my 52s to that spring pack to stiffen it up some and to add height to the pack. drove it finally today for a bit and it is really soft. it can be a lot of work to get right and might be worth it in the end. I know it is/will be for me.

6. kmodi

kmodi Registered Member

pm me and let me know how much you want for them, i am definately interested