Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

67 2wd...how can I lift it?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, Jun 9, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have a 67 Chevy C-10 short bed fleetside as my back-up driver. I'd just like to know what I can do to lift it. I don't see body lifts for this year (Not to mention, I'm afraid to undo the body mounts for rust reasons...) and I havent seen any coil lifts for it...

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

you can add spring spacers, or even put in 1 ton coils. have heard of guys converting newer (88+) lift spindles to fit 73-87s. not sure how they would fit the 67-72s...

3. 71chevy2wd

71chevy2wd Registered Member

Are the front brakes drum or disc???? if they are drum, convert it to disc, and use fabtech's long travel suspension .

If you install coil spacers or 1 ton springs, you only top out your suspension and wont have any droop.

4. 89GMCSuburban

Drum, it's the 6 lug 2wd year. 68, I believe, they switched to 5 lug. What's the best way to convert to disk? Can I use spindles from newer GM trucks (73-87)?

5. 71chevy2wd

71chevy2wd Registered Member

I've been told that the '73-'87 spindles and ball joints will bolt up the the a arms without any problems.

I have looked up the numbers in a parts catalog and the ball joint #'s are the same with trucks running disc brakes.

I wish a company would step up to the plate and make lifted spindles for that style truck. I would install that set up in a heartbeat. I'm having my 3/4 ton spindles redone to give me more lift.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Up until recently I have only seen info on converting to disc brakes with 73-87 spindles (and as a result 5 lug wheels for 1/2 tons). But recently there was a post on the 67-72 site about a cheap 6 lug conversion using newer light duty 3/4 ton spindles.

Check out this thread /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 89GMCSuburban

PERFECT!!!! Thanks so much. It looks like he used the parts from a light duty 2500 truck. Those came with 6 lug 14 bolts. So I gotta find a 6-lug 3/4 ton truck in the boneyard and go to town! Thanks man, just the info I needed.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif