Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'67-72 Crew cab????----....just an idea (I'm sure everybody that likes crew had it?)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by utchev, Jan 28, 2005.

1. utchev

utchev Registered Member

OK....here's the thing. I just sold my '77 pickup about a year ago :crazy:.....My K30 Jeep is getting to the point that I'm thinking about the next project.

I'm thinking of snagging an early Sub, 3 door type (unless someone knows of a 4 door?), putting the rear cab off a pickup just behind the doors/2nd seat, adding a pickup bed (after lengthening the frame) and having a first gen crewcab. Seems like there was a thread on here a while ago about conversion style original crews and things, but I don't remember anything resembling this type of idea.(?).....

Anyone done anything similar?

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I have seen a few that were made from Suburbans like you describe. I would say that these were all done by truck owners. All of the aftermarket conversion company ones that I have seen used a stretched truck cab with a second set of front doors.

3. LucasJ03

LucasJ03 1/2 ton status

There's one for sale in CO in the truck trader for 30K right now.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i tryed to find the old mag i had that was 67-72 title and post the pics for someone. but couldnt find it. thay did that in a round about way. thay used a 73-up crew frame. cameout SWEET and was two tone red and dully with 88-up fenders on back modified to fit the box shape. if i find it i will post in hear .

5. '71k204x4454

'71k204x4454 Registered Member

6. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Check out this month's 'Truckin' magazine...besides talking about a revival of 'square-bodies' there is a pic of a 1st gen homebuilt crew-cab. It's a great idea, I've always wanted to do that, too.

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

several different ones made and around, all conversion company made or owner made, ive seen a few in person so far, mostly all 70-72 ones. trim pieces and such all made by company

8. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah I saw that on another site, but didnt see the interior, thats awesome!! I think its cool. If I had the SPACE id make a crew cab first gen. I REALLY like this one.
    [​IMG]

And heres another one:

[​IMG]

11. utchev

utchev Registered Member

Turn that bottom one into a 4WD (solid axle), paint it blue instead of gold, long bed, slap a 4" lift on it, 35" tires, A/C, decent interior and a 12 valve cummins/NV5600 and that's what I'm thinking. (the boggers and lift are cool, but this will be my tow rig/daily driver) Both look like way nice trucks......

http://classictrucksweb.com/features/0412cl_67chev_0/ here's the feature on the gold one.

[​IMG]

The driver side rear door jambs will be a SIGNIFICANT challenge, IMHO. The rest is pretty straightforward.

12. nkldrgr

nkldrgr Registered Member

there is a shop in the midwest that makes these. I just saw them on the History Channel (yeah, I am loser). Go to historychannel.com then search for a "modern marvels" episode on trucks. they will have the info there. Sorry I can't be more specific.