Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

68-72 Chevy Nova fans, I got a question.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Oct 24, 2003.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Try'n to find out what the scoop is on a 70 Nova with a factory sliding top. I have found one, but it is the only one I have ever heard about. I've been in to Novas since I can remember and owned a few along the way, but I have never seen or heard of one with a factory sliding rag top. The top slides from about 6" from the front to about 20" from the back. It looks stock, the guy selling it swears it stock and the price he's asking for it is extremely high$$$$. If I can find out if this sucker is truely a factory option I will buy it. Does anyone know where I can find out any info?

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

No there was'nt an Option for a rag top. Just 2dr. Coupe's, and 4 door model's. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

:O I have seen one but I believe it to be a hack job. didn't see it up close but it was just to far from the norm to be real.

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

well since novas are unibody rigs it would be alot lighter and stronger whith the regular top. And if it is a hack job i would be worried about torsioning the body if you go for big power.

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I used to have a 72'Nova SS with the factory vinyl top. I had so many people tell me that a SS model didn't come with a vinyl top that I darn near believed em'. Fact is that you could order a SS coupe with the vinyl top. Wish I still had that bad boy. I have yet to see another 68-72 SS with a vinyl top, heck I have never seen another Nova with a vinyl top except my old one.

Still searching for facts on this subject. The sliding top on this Nova was just perfect. I'm wondering if it may have been a dealer option.?.