Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'68 - '74 body on a '76 blazer frame?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chops76, Aug 28, 2005.

1. chops76

chops76 Registered Member

does anybody know if a '68 - '74 body will fit on a '76 blazer frame? I have a '76 blazer but really like the full convertible top and the late 60's and early 70's body style but have rebuilt the entire drivetrain and suspension on my '76 but the '76 is in need of some body work and kinda want to get a feel for thing before i start cutting sh*t up...if somebody does know or even if they dont if it will work or not, do youknow where i can get a rust free tub for the blazer? i can use the interior in my '76.. it's kick ass.. it's the dark tan with all wood vineer trim and is absolutely mint..the truck now is pumpkin orange with the white stripe down the side and on top..beefed up 350 with t350 trans, np203 case with 2x4 conversion and dana44 with 4:10 gears, 6" suspension lift, steering stabilizers and 35" bfg's..any help would be greatly appreciated..thanx

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

73 or 74 will but not 72 or earlier 73 is the first year of the new body style.

3. wazzabie

wazzabie 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I read about how people custom attach a body to a mid 70's frame. The body would be a 50's-60's. So it should work with some work

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That can be said of anything