Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-72 big block

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SilverJim, Sep 23, 2000.

1. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

I have a 70 Jimmy that came with a 350/SM465/Dana 20. I retained the SM465, but swapped in a crate 502 HO and NP 205. The question is this: Does anybody know of a specific header I can use? I used small block motor mounts, because I couldn't find big block mounts for a 4x4 of that vintage. The small block mounts work fine. Clutch linkage in the way isn't a problem because I'm running a hydraulic setup. Any advice is appreciated, even if it requires swapping the mounts. I even ordered some mounts, but I'm pretty sure they were for a 4x2 version...they didn't fit.

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

Other than being very jealous I don't know what to say. Been wanting to do the 502 thing ever since I heard of it. Not sure, but couldn't the 502 use the same headers as a 454? If so, then shouldn't be all that bad. Only other option would be to get the header kit that you weld up yourself.

3. TheBlazerKid

TheBlazerKid 1/2 ton status

I just put a built 454 in my 71 and if there the same then hedman makes one...part number is 69110

Theres No Replacement for Cubic Inches!

4. SilverJim

SilverJim 1/2 ton status

so...anybody know where I can get big block motor mounts?

1970 GMC Jimmy (still waiting to put the body BACK on the frame)