Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-72 Blower Motor Upgrade

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1972jimmy, Jan 7, 2004.

1. 1972jimmy

1972jimmy Registered Member

Anyone know of a later model heater blower motor that will bolt into my 1972 Jimmy. The original motor is worthless.

Thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if the original is junk then just go get a new one, it will work good unless your heater core is blocked my mouse nesting junk, check for that when you get the blower motor removed, there really is no upgrade for this without getting custom, but if you must, then measure hight of your fan blade set and se eif its the 2 and 3/4" one
    or the wider one and if its the wider one then you could try a 70s or 80s car oen like out of a caprice or camaro, or if you dont have thwe wider fan blade set then you could try and fit one from a car in your box anyways, sometimes it fits and might blow more air than an original truck one, maybe.

good luck

3. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

I agree with R72K5, I thought my blower was junk until I had to replace my leaking heater core. I cleaned out 30 years worth of leaves from the around the core and in the ducting, plenty of heat now.