Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-72 C/5?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bigbluesuburban, Nov 20, 2006.

1. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

Where there 2WD 1st Gen Blazers? If so, post some pics. I want to see some hotrod 1st Gens

2. ecameron87

ecameron87 1/2 ton status

3. 69TowRig

69TowRig 1/2 ton status

70-72, small production numbers.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was gonna say only a couple years and very low numbers, I'v only seen 2 in person that were not made.

I'm actually looking at a 2wd burb my buddy has, have to get storage emptied and move the 4x4.

5. bigbluesuburban

Well I want one. I think I will look for another 1st Gen body... and then find a 2nd Gen blazer and do a body swap. I just want a cool summer cruiser of the 2wd persuasion. Of course if I could find a 73-75 2nd Gen 2wd I would just drive that. What I want is a full convert DD.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

heres one for ya Lee....

why not stick a truck cab on the blazer frame with a flat bed and do the blazer up as a 2wd???

7. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

yeah there used to be i believe a 71 2wd runnin around my city. looked real sharp, it was up on ebay a couple times. dark blue with a black top...sexaaay

8. bigbluesuburban

Well ironically I can go pick up a '69 2wd PU for $100 if I want it. It has no engine or trans but the body is supposed to be good.

Honestly I will have to sit in it and see how comfortable I am in a standard cab where I can not move the seat back as far as I can in a sub/blazer.

That is a pretty good idea though... I could also cut down the bed on the 2WD and have a stubby bed on a blazer frame, VERY COOL!!!

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

wheres this truck at? between arturo, his dad and I ,we could find a home for it.

10. bigbluesuburban

Well I am going to get the truck no matter what... but then I have to decide if I am going to take your idea and run with it. I have been reading this thread... and I really like the idea.

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1738556#post1738556

The truck is here in Corvallis... But I won't tell where. With all you junk hunters out there I could loose it if I tip my hand... LOL.

But I may need to find a trailer to haul it. My trailer is loaded down with '69 Blazer parts. I am going to need to rent one this week and go pick it up.