Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

69-72 Fiberglass doors???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HB JIMMY, Feb 26, 2007.

1. HB JIMMY

HB JIMMY Newbie

Wondering if any company has ever sold, or if anyone has ever seen
    early "bronco style" half doors for the first gen. blazer?
    the solid, windowless v grooved style...... or any full replacement fiberglass door?
    I've been looking for a while with no luck... I could have sworn I saw someone with them years & years ago

2. buefchris

buefchris 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got a 75' k-5 and ended up making a set of metal half doors. They still open like full doors but there is only about a third of the door

3. HB JIMMY

HB JIMMY Newbie

Any pix?
    I was going through some old posts and came across an interesting one from back in 2000

I guess someone had contacted the guy's at glassworks unlimited in Huntington Beach about making these things. they said they would do it, but needed a vehicle to do all of the mock up work.

I live in Huntington about 5 min from there shop... I emailed them and I'm going to call tomorrow.. they can use my truck for as long as it takes
    these guy's make top quality race panels.... i've bought a few set's of fenders from them over the years for my old toyota and my F-150 and was very happy.

I'm mainly interested in the one peice fiberglass insert style... i'm not real concerned if it opens or not.

they can be reached @ www.glassworksunlimited.com.

maybe if enough people contacted them about these things they might be a little more inclined to get the ball rolling :)

4. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

I have seen them precisely once, in this pic. Sorry, it's all the info I have.

[​IMG]

-- A

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I think the reason you don't see them more often is because once someone decides to pull the doors for better visibility, they just run doorless, or build a simple set of tube doors instead. Less work, and most guys can build those themselves.

Also....and probably MORE important, those cutout doors have a very strong association with the early Broncos. I think most of us already have enough trouble getting people to call our vehicles Blazers instead of Broncos. Putting a set of those doors on is going to make our jobs even tougher.... :D

:usaflag:

6. HB JIMMY

HB JIMMY Newbie

this is true.:bow:

7. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i love the 1/2 doors in the pic! is that what you are going to have made? if so i want pair! keep us posted on this or email me some info(1/2 doors in subject line, please) email rufus_ray@msn.com.....i've been searching for a set of those like pictured! thanks ahead of time.
    i don't understand why these aren't readily availble, i know quite a few people who want them for 1st gen and 2nd gen k5's...goodluck and let them know that you know some1 else wants a set. thanks again.