Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

'69 -'72 roll bars

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by saor, Jan 10, 2001.

1. saor

saor Newbie

Jan 9, 2001

I saw a rig in 4wheel and off-road about 2 years ago, the centerfold, for a 69-72 blazer that was full length. I believe the blazer was blue or red (what a memory), but I can't find the issue. Anyone know of it? The cage was customer built by a shop and fit snugly under the hard top. I wanna make one like it or have the shop build me one. Help if you can.
  2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Re: \'69 -\'72 roll bars

I cannot answer you question about the K5 but I have one and my 6pt cage (soon to be eight) fit under my hard/soft tops nice and snug. Goto my site below to see some pics, click on Pismo 2000 more in there with the top off!
    I took my rig to a local pipebender and he bent it up by first making a template out of 1" copper tubing and fitting it into the cab and then bent the seamless pipe after that. I helped by cutting the nothces and drilling the plates. I'm gonna get a bender from http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com